TERRIFIC STRAWBERRY CAKE RECIPE
SINCE I ALWAYS MAKE MY FOOD FROM "SCRATCH", I DID MY CAKE HOMEMADE. NEXT TIME I MADE THIS I WAS IN A RUSH AND DID IT THIS WAY.....NO ONE COULD TELL THE DIFFERENCE........EVERYONE CLAMORS FOR THIS RECIPE AT THE QUILTERS GROUP, AND THE LACE MAKING GROUP....I HAVE TO MAKE IT FOR THE LACERS IN NOVEMBER.....GOOD THING THAT STRAWBERRIES ARE YEAR AROUND THESE DAYS..... BUT, IF YOU USE COOL WHIP (I DIDN'T) YOU CAN ADD A TSP. OF VANILLA TO IT AND MAKE IT BETTER. SANDE
Strawberry Poke Cake
1 package (18-1/4 oz) white cake mix
1-1/4 cups water
1/4 cup vegetable oil
2 eggs
1 package (16oz) frozen sweetened sliced strawberries, thawed
2 packages (3 oz each) strawberry gelatin
1 carton (12 oz) frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
Fresh strawberries. optional
In a large mixing bowl, beat cake mix, water, oil and eggs on low speed until moistened. Beat on medium for 2 minutes.
Pour into two greased and floured 9-in. round baking pans. Bake at 350* for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes; remove from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
Using a serrated knife, level top of each cake if necessary. Return layers, top side up, to two clean 9-in. round baking pans. Pierce cakes with a meat fork at 1/2-in. intervals.
Drain juice from strawberries into a 2-cup measuring cup; refrigerate berries. Add water to juice to measure 2 cups; pour into a saucepan. Bring to a boil; stir in gelatin until dissolved. Chill for 30 minutes. Gently spoon over each cake layer. Chill for 2-3 hours.
Dip bottom of one pan in warm water for 10 seconds. Invert cake onto a serving platter. Top with reserved strawberries and 1 cup shipped topping. Place second cake layer over topping.
Frost cake with remaining shipped topping. Chill at least 1 hour. Serve with fresh berries if desired. Refrigerate the leftovers.
Labels: YOU HAVE TO TRY THIS

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home